H2O Nein Danke

My air cooled volkswagen site.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Coming Home



I hope to be rebuying a '58 convertible I owned back in the early '90s. My brother found the car in upstate New York where he was living. He saw it sitting at the side of the road and bought it really cheap. He then sent me photos. Needless to say I jumped at buying it. I think I gave him $1,000. The photos here are what it looked like back in the late 80's. I then shipped it over to England, but when I emigrated in Jan. 1995 I sold it to my brother-in-law. It then sat until 1998 when David Levy bought it and a full resto was done. In 2000 and 2001 it won best Cabriolet in the UK. David then used it as a wedding car. I am arranging to buy it back from David and bring the car back from Essex to Florida. He has kept great care of it. We are stoked! More photos will follow of its present condition. Also as expectant parents we are still choosing a name for her.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home